2016 is wrapping up, and walking in a winter wonderland can cover a few blocks with everything you will need for a great holiday season in the historic West End district! Downtown Dallas illuminates with lights and cheer during the most festive time of the year, and celebrating your holiday party at a fabulous West End fine dining restaurant, taking photos with Santa, or getting the final stocking stuffers can all be found here.
We’ve compiled a list, and checked it twice, to provide visitors and frequent patrons of the West End a guide to celebrating the holiday, and getting ready for the start of the New Year in downtown Dallas.
Where To Eat?
The historic West End is no stranger to fine dining restaurants, serving everything you could think of – from mouth-watering steaks to unique, soul food next door. These fabulous restaurants have complied just what you need to celebrate the holidays – from gift card specials to a hand-crafted menus, your palette will be satisfied.
- RJ Mexican Cuisine – Hurry and book your reservation now at RJ Mexican Cuisine in the West End for a one-of-a-kind, unique holiday meal! Your Christmas menu can be selected from a Fliet Mignon, Ribeye Ranchero, a Tilapia Margarita – whatever your heart desires, RJ is sure to put their authentic spin on it for the perfect Christmas dinner! For the big New Years celebration, RJ is hosting a special “Steak and Lobster Tail Dinner.”
- The Palm – The Palm is offering a great deal on their gift cards: for every $250 spent on gift cards, you will receive a $25 “Thank You” card, good for you next fine dining meal at The Palm! The Palm is closed on Christmas and New Years Day, but will be open Christmas Eve from 4-10:30 P.M., and New Year’s Eve from 5-10:30 P.M.
- Hoffbrau Steaks – Hoffbrau Steaks is continuing their fabulous deal on their uniquely cut, Texas-exclusive steaks! With the purchase of a $25 gift card, you will receive a $5 reward card – additionally, with a $50 card, you will get $10 back on a reward card! Taste some of the best steaks in downtown Dallas at Hoffbrau, with regular hours on New Years Eve and Day (closing at 4 P.M. on Christmas Eve) only in the West End!
Where To Shop?
Looking for those last minute stocking stuffers? You will be able to find all those last minute perfect gifts that will make everyone ask “Where did you get that?!”
- Kiss Bartique – Kiss Bartique offers a wide range of exclusive apparel, jewelry, bags and accessories for the whole family. Located in the heart of downtown West End Dallas, Kiss Bartique is an inviting and stunning one-stop-shop boutique for fashion lovers and collectors!
- 1001 Wine and Spirits – Since 2012, 1001 Wine and Spirits has been serving up toasty drinks and offering their exclusive wine, craft beer and liquor to the West End and downtown Dallas. Give the gift that your loved one will enjoy and stop by 1001 Wine and Spirits to stock up on your holiday party and stocking stuffers!
- Wild Bills Western Store – Wild Bill’s Western Store has been sharing the warmth and friendly southern hospitality in which Texans and cowboys have been recognized, for over 40 years and serving the West End district in a 1800’s redbrick building. Wild Bills carry a variety of western items from cowboy boots, hats, clothing, belts, buckles, handmade jewelry and Texas souvenirs – including customizable cowboy boots!
Events Happening In Downtown Dallas
Brave the cold and spend some time in downtown Dallas catching the twinkling lights, the glow from the buildings and trees, and the atmosphere of excitement and wonder throughout while you attend some great activities for the whole family to make your holiday celebration complete!
- Downtown Dallas, Inc., Presents Downtown Wanderland – Downtown Dallas, Inc. encourages patrons to explore the shopping, dining, children’s activities, decorations and so much more this holiday season! From live music at Pegasus Plaza, to breakfast with Santa at Neiman Marcus – your holiday in downtown Dallas is planned out for you from the West End and beyond!
Wrap Up Your Holiday and Celebrate The New Years In The West End
Finalizing and planning for the holiday season and New Years can be daunting, but knowing that downtown Dallas is host to unique dining and shopping during the holiday season in the historic West End district helps. Celebrate your holiday dinner, snatch those last-minute gifts that your loved ones will adore, and see all what makes downtown Dallas (and Texas) unique. It all starts here!